Yummmmm! Medicated BBQ Sauce! Why didn’t I do this sooner? With the heat of summer cooking in the kitchen can be uncomfortable to say the least. If you’re like me you spend a good part of the hot days cooking on the grill. I’m always looking for ways to spruce up my barbeque recipes and this is a double whammy. Homemade BBQ sauce and medicated to boot!
- 1 Cup of Kethchup
- 2 Tablespoons of chive flower vinegar (you can make your own or substitute apple cider vinegar)
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon honey (I used a local buckwheat honey that is perfect for savory applications but you can use whatever kind of honey you prefer)
- 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1 Tablespoon REAL maple syrup (don’t substitute that awful “maple flavor” pancake syrup. It’s better to leave this ingredient out all together!)
- 2 tsp Tapatio hot sauce (It’s worth looking for this brand but you can substitute your favorite hot sauce)
- 1 tsp of fresh ground pepper
- 1 gram of activated kief
*** Makes approximately 8 ounces
- In a medium saucepan add all the ingredients listed and whisk together until well mixed.
- Heat to a boil over medium heat. Stir constantly. Do not allow your mixture to heat over 300 degrees or you will begin to degrade your medicine.
- Continue heating and stirring until your sauce changes from the bright red color of the ketchup into a deep orange red and begins to thicken.
- Bottle or jar up your sauce and store in the refridgerator.
- Yep, it’s really this easy! Now use your medicated BBQ sauce for a great dipping sauce, on burgers, steaks, chicken or anything else!
I hope you will enjoy this sauce and this route of getting your cannabinoids. Let me know if you have any questions in the comment section below. If you enjoy my recipes and this blog please subscribe and share with friends.