Today I’m making another batch of these fragrant bath bombs. These are a patient favorite for relaxing after a stressful day & easing pain as well as softening & moisturizing the skin.
We’ve experimented with several different scent combinations, but by far the lavender is the one my patients prefer so I wanted to share that recipe with you all today so you can make your own.
What you will need:
- 1 Cup Baking Soda
- 1/2 Cup Citric Acid (found with the canning supplies)
- 1/2 Cup Corn Starch
- 1 Tablespoon Witch Hazel (found at the pharmacy)
- 3 Tablespoons Cannabis Coconut Oil (melted)
- 20 drops of Lavender Essential Oil
- 5-6 drops purple food coloring
- A large mixing bowl
- a sieve
- latex or other gloves
- 2 small Dixie cups (the ones they make for bathroom dispenser)
- a spoon for mixing
- a cookie sheet lined with wax paper
- measuring cups and spoons
How to do it:
- In a large mixing bowl sieve together the baking soda corn starch and citric acid.
- In a separate bowl add melted coconut oil, witch hazel and lavender oil. These will not blend together at this point but that is OK.
- Put on your gloves. Slowly add the wet ingredients into the large mixing bowl and begin to blend together with your gloved hands. Add a little at a time to prevent the citric acid from reacting and foaming up. If it foams a little bit it will still be fine. Keep adding and kneading the wet and dry ingredients together until you have a well blended mixture. It will be a damp powder. You will know when it is fully mixed when the entire mixture has a uniform lavender color.
- Loosely measure out 1/4 Cup of your mixture and place in the small Dixie cup.
- Pack this tightly using a small spice jar to press it into the cup.
- Invert the cup onto your wax paper lined cookie sheet. Then if necessary tap the bottom of the Dixie cup to release the bath bomb. Repeat this step until you’ve used all of your mixture and your cookie sheet has 10-11 bath bombs.
- Set the cookie sheet aside somewhere where these can dry and set up. Depending on your humidity this can take 1-3 days.
- After your Cannabis & Lavender Fizzy Bath Bombs have dried, store them in a resealable jar in a cool place or package them individually and share with your friends.
**Note: If you live in a warm climate or keep your house very warm you may want to store these in the fridge as the coconut oil will melt at around 72-73 degrees F
How To Use Them:
Run yourself a warm bath. Drop in a Cannabis & Lavender Fizzy Bath Bomb. Soak in the tub for at least 20 minutes. Relax and enjoy!
I hope you will enjoy this recipe. I’m always looking for new and innovative ways to incorporate cannabis medicine into my life and that of the patients that I work with. If you make & use these please leave a comment and let us know how they worked for you. Also if you enjoy this recipe consider subscribing to the blog on the top right hand side to ensure you don’t miss any future posts and cannabis recipes.